This special offer won’t last forever! Qualifying customers who sign up for Lifeline and the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program now get more benefits than ever before:
- More data means more email, more video conferencing, more Internet!
- Fast, flexible 5G Network
- Mobile hotspot connectivity allows you to connect other devices to your StandUp Service
- Cellular Connectivity lets you take internet anywhere there is coverage
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program?The EBB is a temporary program operated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that provides discounts on monthly broadband Internet access service and certain connected devices. EBB services and devices are subject to consumer eligibility, provider participation, product availability, and FCC/Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) approval.
Who is eligible for EBB discounts on broadband service?
The EBB shares the same qualifying eligibility criteria as Lifeline – participation in SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Fund, and income at or below 135% of the federal poverty level. For a limited time determined by the FCC, unemployment may qualify you for Lifeline and the EBB. Additional eligibility criteria are unique to EBB and do not qualify for Lifeline. These include Pell Grants (current award year recipients), Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch and Breakfast (including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision), as well as reduced wages in certain instances. EBB eligibility will be determined for the FCC by USAC’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database, or an alternative verification process approved by the FCC.
The EBB monthly service and device discounts are non-transferrable. An eligible household is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount.
If I already receive Lifeline benefits will I automatically receive the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
No. You must opt-in and choose an eligible service plan.
For existing StandUp Wireless Lifeline customers, your EBB discount is separate from your Lifeline discount. For your convenience, we will upgrade your existing Lifeline plan to the EBB plan using your current phone number.
How are Lifeline and the EBB different?
Lifeline is the FCC’s permanent program to support affordable access to essential communications services such as broadband Internet access. The EBB is a temporary program through which a participating provider can apply discounts to the same service plan on which you receive Lifeline service or a different service plan.
How do I sign up for EBB with StandUp Wireless?
What do I get when I sign up for EBB with StandUp Wireless?
- FREE Smartphone
- Unlimited Talk
- Unlimited Text
- 10 GB of data
Can I choose my EBB provider?
EBB program benefits may be obtained from any participating provider of your choosing and your monthly service benefit may be transferred to another provider at any time.
What are my upload and download speeds?
Speeds up to 5G are available depending on your device! Click here for more information around our upload/download speeds.
Standard Rate Included Mobile Broadband EBB Promotional Offer Total Mobile Broadband Maximum Available Data Speed Plan 1 $40.00 8 Gigabytes 2 Gigabytes 10 Gigabytes 5G/LTE* *Mobile data upload and download data speeds are dependent on the end user’s mobile device, network availability from the underlying carrier, proximity to the cellular tower and environmental factors.
What rules apply to me when I participate in the program?
Only eligible consumers may receive EBB discounts. The EBB monthly service and device discounts are non-transferrable. An eligible household is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount.
What does this package cost?
While the EBB program allows us to provide eligible consumers the plan for FREE for now, the program is temporary. Once the FCC announces the end to the EBB program, we will notify you, and you will revert to receiving only the standard FREE Lifeline plan where available and if you are eligible You may keep your EBB service by paying the applicable undiscounted rate of $40.00 plus fees and taxes.
When will the EBB program end?
The EBB program will expire when funds are exhausted or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) declares the end of the COVID-19 health emergency. When the FCC announces the end the program or we end our promotional FREE EBB service offer, we will notify you and you will revert to receiving only the standard FREE Lifeline plan where available and if you are eligible. You may keep your service by paying the applicable undiscounted rate plus any applicable fees and taxes.
What does this package cost when funding ends?
- Your Lifeline wireless plan will remain FREE!
- Broadband service will be available at the competitive price of $40 for 10 GB. You will not be billed for regularly priced service automatically when the program ends.
- You may keep your EBB service by paying the applicable undiscounted rate of $40.00 plus fees and taxes.
What is the customer service number?
What are my tablet choices?
Choices are dependent on inventory availability. Available tablet models include:
Vortex Tab 8
SKY Elite 8
NUU Tab 8
See a comparison here.
Do I have to apply for Lifeline to get EBB?
No, you do not have to apply for Lifeline to get EBB. If you only want to apply for EBB service, we can email you a paper application and instructions. Please call us at 1-800-544-4441.
Connecting Your Tablet
Getting started with your new tablet
Your tablet can connect to WiFi or cell towers to connect to the Internet. The Following instructions will walk you through the different ways to connect your tablet to the Internet.
Create a Mobile Hotspot (WiFi) Using StandUp Wireless’s Service
StandUp Wireless’s service includes Mobile Hotspot functionality for FREE. Use the instructions below to setup a mobile hotspot, or wifi connection for your tablet. Make sure your StandUp Wireless service is active and put your StandUp SIM Card in your smartphone.
NOTE: The instructions may be different depending on the phone, software, and software version on your device. Here are instructions on an Android. Instructions for creating a mobile hotspot on an iPhone are further below.
Follow the steps below to access the feature on your Android (Android 11.0) phone:
- On your phone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap on the Settings app, tap Network & internet, then select the option for Hotspot, or Hotspot & Tethering.
- Tap the slider to the right to turn on the hotspot feature.
- The name of the hotspot is usually the name of your phone. Once you find the Hotspot name, locate the Hotspot password. The hotspot password will be used on your Tablet so it can be connected to the Hotspot on your phone. [If you do not see a password tap on the Hotspot name or QR icon to access the password.]
- Now Connect your Tablet to this WiFi hotspot.
Follow the steps below to access the feature on your iPhone (iOS 14):
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone, tap on Cellular, then tap on Personal Hotspot.
- Next, tap the slider to turn on Allow Others to Join. Now your personal hotspot or WiFi connection is on, and you will be able to see the WiFi Password.
- Use the WiFi Password to connect your new Tablet to the WiFi hotspot.
Connecting Your Tablet to WiFi:
Follow these instructions to connect your tablet to WiFi:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap on Settings App on the Tablet, tap Network & Internet, then tap WiFi.
- Turn on WiFi by tapping on the slider next to Use WiFi. Turning on WiFi will scan for available connections.
- Locate your Hotspot name or the WiFi network you want to connect to in the list of WiFi connections.
- Tap on your Hotspot name or the WiFi network, and you will be prompted to enter the password.
- Enter the password on your Tablet and tap Connect. The Tablet will show the WiFi icon at the top to indicate you are connected to the internet.
How to Install a SIM Card into this tablet:
If you have an active SIM card with StandUp Wireless, but not a phone, you can put your SIM Card in this tablet and allow that tablet to connect to cell towers instead of WiFi. Follow the instructions below to install your Active StandUp Wireless SIM Card into this tablet:
- First, if your Tablet is powered on, turn it off by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. Then tap power off on the screen.
- Find the SIM ejector tool in box with charging cord and power adapter.
- Locate the SIM Tray at the very top of the Tablet next to the charging port.
- To remove the SIM Tray, insert the SIM ejector tool into the hole in the SIM tray and gently press. The SIM Tray will pop out.
- Pop out the smallest size sim card or your Nano SIM from StandUp Wireless.
- Place your Nano SIM in the SIM Tray with the smaller slot (marked SIM ß). The cut corner of the SIM card should be on the left and the metal contact should be face down. The other slot is for an SD Card à.
- To reinstall the SIM Tray, place the tablet screen down, and gently slide the SIM Tray back into the SIM Tray slot until its closed. The SIM Tray can only fit in the tablet one way. Do not force it, make sure the SIM is seated properly and the ICCID on the sim card is visible while reinstalling the SIM Tray.
- Turn your Tablet on and it will be connected to the Mobile Network you may see the LTE/4G symbol at the top left corner of the screen.
*Promotional offer subject to eligibility for Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). $10.01 is the cost of the tablet prior to the applicable taxes and shipping costs. The EBB is a temporary FCC program that provides non-transferrable discounts on monthly broadband Internet access service. An eligible household is limited to one monthly service discount. Eligible consumers may get EBB service from StandUp Wireless or from any participating provider. Benefits may be transferred to another provider at any time. When the FCC announces the end the EBB program or we end our promotional FREE EBB service offer, we will notify you and you will revert to receiving only the standard FREE Lifeline plan if you are eligible, or you may keep your EBB service by paying the applicable undiscounted rate of $40 plus fees and taxes. For more information about EBB eligibility and the program go to standupwireless.com/ebb or call us at 1-800-544-4441.