SAVE BROADBAND SERVICE
StandUp Wireless believes that it is a basic human right that all Americans have access to affordable wireless service to stay in touch with loved ones, healthcare, jobs and more. However, government funding that supports those benefits will soon be gone. Starting February 8, 2024, Congress will no longer allow NEW customers to enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
SWITCH TO STANDUP FROM ANY ACP PROVIDER! After February 8th, current ACP customers have the option to switch to StandUp from their current provider and receive FREE Unlimited Talk, Text and Data† with a FREE SMARTPHONE* plus a tablet for $10.01**! Apply below to see if you qualify.
Our entire industry, community organizations and customers are fighting hard to keep this benefit available to millions of Americans. Please consider clicking the link below to let Congress know how important this benefit is to so many people in our country.
Keep checking back to this page for updates to the status of the program.
22 Million Households
Are at Risk
ACP Connects Families to
Free Broadband Service
ACP Funding Will
End in Spring 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s happening?Without additional funding from Congress, the allotted $14.2 billion to fund the ACP is projected to run out in April 2024 (this date is an estimate and may change). As a result, the FCC has begun taking steps to wind down the ACP, which means:
- ACP applications and enrollments will not be processed after February 7, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET.
- Households who have applied, been approved, and are receiving the monthly internet discount before February 8, 2024 will continue to receive their ACP benefit until ACP funds run out, as long as the household remains enrolled in the program.
- After the ACP funds run out (projected in April 2024), households participating in the ACP will no longer receive the ACP discounts.
What does this mean for low-income households not in the ACP?
- Because of the wind down of the program, the ACP will need to stop new enrollments. Starting February 8, 2024, no new enrollments will be accepted.
- Eligible households that are not already enrolled and who wish to receive the ACP benefit should complete an application at GetInternet.gov as soon as possible to allow time for the processing of your application. Once your application is qualified, you must sign up with an internet company by February 7, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET to start receiving your benefit.
- If you qualified for the ACP but you did not sign up with an internet company before February 7, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET, then you can no longer enroll in the ACP.
How does wind-down impact enrolled ACP households?
- Households that are enrolled in ACP will continue to receive monthly discounted internet service through the end of the ACP.
- During the ACP wind-down period, ACP households will receive notices from their internet company about the impact of the end of the benefit on how the household’s bill and service. The notices will tell households:
(1) that the ACP is ending,
(2) the impact on their bill,
(3) the date of the last bill they will receive that includes the ACP benefit, and
(4) that they may change their service or opt-out of continuing service after the end of the ACP
- ACP households may also switch their internet plans without penalty.
What should ACP households do?
- Consistently check their emails for more information and for further updates regarding the ACP benefit. Also visit https://www.AffordableConnectivity.gov and www.fcc.gov/acp.
- Contact their internet company for questions about how the end of the ACP will affect their monthly bill and to ask about available options.
- Visit www.fcc.gov/acp to access answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other guidance about the ACP wind-down process, including what households need to know about retaining internet service after the end of the ACP.
- Contact USAC directly for any other questions about the ACP wind-down. Households can call the ACP Support Center at 877-384-2575 for information about their benefit.
What are the important dates I should be aware of regarding the ACP wind-down?
- February 7, 2024: This is the last day that the ACP will accept new applications and enrollments. Eligible households must be approved and enrolled with an internet company by 11:59 PM ET on February 7th to receive the ACP benefit. Starting February 8, 2024, there will be no more enrollments into the ACP.
- Starting late January 2024: Households that are currently receiving a monthly ACP benefit will start to receive notices from their internet providers with information about the end of the ACP benefit. This information will include timing of the end of the program and the impact of the loss of the benefit on the household’s bill and service.
- April 2024: The FCC anticipates existing ACP funding to run out in April 2024 if Congress does not provide additional funding. Consumers that are enrolled in the ACP will continue to receive their benefit on their internet service through April 2024. This date is an estimate and may change.
How many times can I go to the link provided by NaLA and send an email to my Congressman to voice my support for ACP?
Can I edit the body of the email that is sent to Congress?
Do you have to be an ACP Recipient, to send the email, or can I share this link with my family and friends?
Where can I find more information about what is happening with ACP